2013 Series " Emerging trends in buying legal services" engages in-house and outside counsel to explore new solutions for challenges in the legal industry
HARTFORD, Conn., May 13, 2013 – TyMetrix, the global leader in intelligent solutions for managing the business of law, announced its upcoming forum in the 2013 TyMetrix Legal Analytics LegalVIEW® Forum four-part series that discusses the most pressing legal issues of the day and developing unique, value-based best practices. The session, “Improving the Certainty of Budgeting and Forecasting” will be held on May 16 at the The Cosmos Club, 2121 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., in Washington, DC, from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
“These programs are designed to provide a forum for peer-to-peer collaboration in which participants can exchange ideas and best practices related to emerging trends in the buying and selling of legal services,” said Craig Raeburn, Managing Director, TyMetrix Legal Analytics. “Our format of bringing corporate law departments and law firms together is resonating throughout the legal professional community as a ground-breaking way to establish a dialogue that yields truly collaborative results and take-away lessons for both parties.”
TyMetrix LegalVIEW Forums take place four times a year with a range of industry-driven topics. The schedule of May 16 session, the second in 2013, will include:
- Registration and Lunch, 12:30– 1:30 p.m.
- Emerging Trends in Buying Legal Services (held in a TED-Style discussion), 1:30 - 2:15 p.m.: Law firms and corporate law departments will collaboratively examine key elements and challenges that arise when budgeting and forecasting the business of law. The discussion will be led by:
– Joe Tiano, founder of Decution Analytics and Partner at Pillsbury
– Brian Lee, senior director at the Corporate Executive Board
- Workshop Collaboration: Establishing Value-Based Pricing and AFAs, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.: Discuss new ways corporate law departments and law firms can improve the certainty of budgeting and forecasting through an interactive case study exercise with peers. Groups will examine a real-life legal challenge and develop a proposal that is acceptable to both the firm and the corporation.
- Workshop Results & Discussion: Scope, Baseline, Benchmark, Value, 4:15 - 5:00 p.m.: Upon conclusion of the group exercise, there will be a collective presentation of the workshop findings mapped to four defined pillars—Scope, Baseline, Benchmark, Value—which provide a blueprint for better budgeting and forecasting for both law firms and corporations. This discussion will be lead by Chris Leuth, director of finance and accounting at Dykema.
- Networking Reception, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
The remaining two 2013 LegalVIEW Forum Series sessions are as follows:
- July 11, 2013 in Chicago, IL: Sourcing Legal Providers in a Changing Business Environment
- September 26, 2013 in, Palo Verdes, CA: Negotiation Strategies for Corporations & Law Firms
To register for a LegalVIEW Forum, go to www.tymetrix.com/legalviewforums.
TyMetrix is the global market leader in delivering intelligent solutions that empower corporate legal departments, law firms and claims organizations to manage the business of law. It provides clients with quality legal management software, services and solutions, including e-billing, matter management and performance metrics, and the expertise required to manage risk, reduce costs and gain the insight required to meet their strategic objectives.
TyMetrix Legal Analytics, a complementary business to TyMetrix’s core software offerings, combines unparalleled analytical and legal domain expertise with LegalVIEW™ -- the world’s largest permission based contributory data warehouse of legal performance data -- to provide predictive and analytical models, benchmarking and insights to legal departments and all professionals involved in managing the business of law. TyMetrix is part of Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services. For more information, please visit www.tymetrix.com.
About Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services
Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services is the leader in legal process and business performance management. It delivers the people, products and processes to drive transparency, ensure accountability and provide organized, accurate and actionable information for legal, financial and insurance professionals. CLS’s business brands — CT Corporation, NRAI, BizFilings, Corsearch, CT Lien Solutions and TyMetrix — empower organizations to make better business decisions and be more efficient in today’s highly transparent business environment.
Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Service is a part of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer had 2011 annual revenues of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Visit the Wolters Kluwer website for more information.