Welcome to San Diego! We’re so happy to welcome you to the legal operations event of the year: ELM18! If you’ve been to previous ELM Solutions user conferences, then you can expect a similar educational and fun experience here at the Rancho Bernardo Inn but with more of the things you told us you loved in previous years – more practical expertise and advice from your legal operations peers, more free training tailored to your specific needs, and more time to network with other attendees.
However, if it’s your first time at one of our conferences, we have a little bit of advice on how to get the most out of your time here:
- Plan your time. Build your schedule around the sessions that are most likely to provide you with new insights you can bring back home to your team.
- Don’t be shy! One of the best things about being here is having the chance to network with others who have similar roles at other companies. You might find your viewpoints helpful to each other.
- Say hi to your ELM Solutions team. This is a great opportunity for you to get to know (or know better) the people who serve you and create the solutions that make your job easier.
- Download the event app. This is the easiest way to manage your participation in the conference. It allows you to remain continuously connected, from accessing the session schedule anytime to responding to live polling during the event.
- Have fun! We have great events planned for our downtime – be sure to take advantage of them! You’ll be learning a lot here, and you deserve to enjoy yourself, too.
With that in mind, here are some highlights from the schedule for our next few days together.
Today is your best chance all year to refresh your Passport® or TyMetrix® 360° skills with free instruction from our ELM Academy training staff. We’ve created specialized tracks to ensure that instruction is tailored to your specific needs. You’ll also hear from other ELM Solutions clients with their tips for getting the most out of your solution.
Find out what’s coming up in the Passport and TyMetrix 360° roadmaps and participate in the discussions to collaborate on the future direction of your solution. You also have many opportunities to hear from experts and learn how to use the latest technology and best practices to improve your operations. In addition, focus groups will give you the chance to talk directly with your peers about the specific topics you’re most interested in.
You’ll hear from Jonah Paransky, our General Manager, about the exciting developments on the legal operations horizon. Then, Carey Lohrenz, the first female F-14 Tomcat Fighter Pilot in the U.S. Navy, will offer some valuable perspective on reaching your goals while under pressure. Her experience in dynamic environments, where inconsistent execution can generate catastrophic results, may be more similar to running a legal department than you might expect!
Of course, you’ll also be able to enjoy the beautiful grounds and delicious meals offered by our Rancho Bernardo hosts. And we’ll have a relaxing evening at Bernardo Winery, where we’ll dine under the stars and explore the village’s shops, galleries, and tasting room. We’re excited that ELM18 is underway, and we hope you are, too. Please let a member of our team know if there’s anything we can do to help you plan your schedule or improve your time at ELM18.