LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer allows you to take spend management further for an average cost savings of 6-9% of legal fees. We manage the entire invoice review process through a combination of advanced machine learning and a team of experienced legal professionals to ensure compliance with billing guidelines. By taking a consultative approach to managing the interactions between clients and outside counsel, not only are in-house lawyers freed up to focus on the matter itself, but our team is about to improve quality of work and resolve matters in a timelier manner.
Why implement LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer?
- Drives law firm compliance and consistency with well-defined billing guidelines
- Improves relationship and collaboration with outside counsel by removing the friction that comes from focusing on billing issues
- Frees up in house lawyers to focus more on the matter itself and legal issue at hand
- Provides cost management on legal bill spend with the ability to bring issues to the forefront faster
- Delivers law firm performance metrics and reporting for actionable insights
- Refines guidelines through a consultative approach, fostering communication to shorten the life of cases and drive better value from firms
Wolters Kluwer LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer drives client value by providing:
LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer combines the capabilities of robust, e-billing software and best-in-class legal expertise to help ensure billing guideline compliance and cost management.
Corporate legal executives are increasing scrutiny over litigation management effectiveness to ensure accuracy and cost savings. The best and most efficient litigation management programs use some combination of systems and human intervention – as automated rules can only do so much. When you allow for a service to manage the entire invoicing review process, you not only drive accuracy and cost savings, but free up your in-house lawyers to focus on the matter and promote higher collaboration between with outside firms.
Unlike most services that only review and adjust invoice line items, Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer, using a precise combination of machine learning and expert legal professionals provides:
- Law firm and timekeeper metrics including specific billing practices, guideline provision violations, and adjustments to non-compliant invoice line items.
- Exception reports that identify recent invoice submissions, categorize compliance results for law firms and timekeepers, segmented as desired, e.g. by matter type, timekeeper role, timekeeper and matter manager.
- Trended insights and metrics reflecting law firm and timekeeper compliance improvement over time, to identify the areas of billing guideline provision violations and related costs
- Stack ranked law firms and timekeeper non-compliance and compliance.
Claims executives continue to increase their scrutiny of litigation practices to tightly manage loss adjustment expense ratios. Legal invoice review is a vital component of legal cost control and predictability, as it uncovers non-compliance with billing guidelines and exposes cost “leaks”. To safeguard the management of your legal spend, and take the burden off in-house staff resources, we manage the entire process, going being reviewing to offer analysis of invoices and billing guidelines using a precise combination of machine learning and expert legal professionals.
Unlike most services that only review and adjust invoice line items, Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer provides:
- Firm or timekeeper-specific billing practices
- Guideline violations and their related cost
- Adjustments to non-compliant invoice line items
- Compliance results segmented by what results you want to see, e.g. matter type, timekeeper role, specific timekeeper, claims manager, etc.
- Compliance improvement over time
- Firm and timekeeper non-compliance and compliance rankings